Saturday, August 21, 2010

Where can I get a low-cost, but still reliable Windows Virtual Dedicated Web Server? Should have control panel

Where can I get a low-cost, but still reliable Windows Virtual Dedicated Web Server? Should have a nice control panel for managing the websites. The plan should allow hosting of unlimited domains and loads of bandwidth. Please suggest me some websites. Pls. note - reliability (uptime) is my prime concern.Where can I get a low-cost, but still reliable Windows Virtual Dedicated Web Server? Should have control panel
I host my websites with webhosting4life.com. The shared hosting plan allows unlimited domains as long as you don't reach the disk space. I believe the prices are very cheap compared to others that I have used before. Their control panel doesn't look so good though, but its sufficient for running my websites. I have five websites running on the same shared hosting plan. If you really want a a dedicated web server, they have those plans too.Where can I get a low-cost, but still reliable Windows Virtual Dedicated Web Server? Should have control panel
apache is the de facto web server, and it comes in both windows and linux flavors. however, it is just a web server, it is not a virtual machine/ web server- so you'd need to run a virtual machine and put apache on top of it. There are 3rd party apps to manage apache severs, but it by itself does not come with a pretty control panel- but is very well documented and reading the documentation on how it works will help with the reliability of your server.





note: putting it on a virtual machine will probably slow down the server a little, so if you have the hardware I'd put it in a box by itself and let it sit.





p.s. low cost? apache is FREE (and yes it is the de facto server, just because your not paying MS for something doesnt mean it's not good)

No comments:

Post a Comment