Tuesday, August 24, 2010

How much should labor cost to replace a control arm and a half shaft?

I recently got a 97' Chrysler Concorde for free because it needed some work. The control arm and half shaft on the drivers side front need to be replaced, i have the parts. I don't know enough to do it myself so I am contemplating bringing it in. How much should this cost in labor?How much should labor cost to replace a control arm and a half shaft?
Labor usually isn't cheap...but it will depend on where you bring it..because depending on who you go to...their labor rates may vary slightly....maybe if you know somebody who can do it cheaper than a garage..then go that way...but..I would call around first for estimates before just going to the first one I thought of.How much should labor cost to replace a control arm and a half shaft?
well, it really depends on where you take it. Most auto repair shops have a set hourly rate. I know the mechanic I'm going to be using tomorrow will charge 60 an hour. Then you just call around and find out from other mechanics in your area how many hours they charge for the service.

No comments:

Post a Comment